Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Whip

Things are going really well right now for me. Friday, I was happy to hear the Haas VF2 four axis CNC mill was a go, and the check was to be cut on Monday.  This is excellent news, as now I can complete many really cool projects that I have been waiting to complete.  Bolt action 50 BMG, AR-15 Lowers, and a billet 17 hmr semi-auto just to name a few.

In addition to the good news at work, I spent Saturday looking for a clean 78-79 Ford in the Portland area.  This is a considerably larger area than most people tend to thing of when they picture the Portland area.  I am pretty sure Portland encompasses everything North of Salem to Vancouver, WA.  People from Portland don't like this generalization, nor do they find the humor in it.  But, to me, a street name differentiating one town from another doesn't make it a new town.  Sure, maybe they were different when my Grandparents were kids, but now they are the same.

Anyway, I found my pickup.  It is the most hideous baby shit gold you have ever seen.  The interior is super clean, and the body and trim is straight with the exception of some rust in two spots, and a couple dents in the bed. 
So, that's my new baby.  It's ugly, but it will start looking better and better every day.

So far I've been a piece of crap in the diet department, I've flat-lined at 378 the last two weeks.  I have a dirtbike race in Washington this next Sunday, so I'm going to really be good this week to dominate the skinny kids trying to beat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment